The Topical Session "T59. Effects of Carbonate Minerals on Critical Zone Characteristics and Processes" has been organized for the fall GSA meeting as part of the Carbonate CZ RCN. We invite you to submit an abstract. Student travel grants are available! (Preference will be given to self-identified members of underrepresented groups in the Geosciences) .
The Carbonate CZ RCN would like to encourage the community to use CUAHSI’s Hydroshare to share data among the network participants, and we have created a group for such purpose. We would like to crowdsource the community for keywords that we can use for that group.
- Further transdisciplinary and collaborative science to aid the understanding of carbonate-rich Critical Zones.
- Foster a diverse and inclusive community of students and investigators.
- Improve understanding of how carbonate and silicate minerals may cause different CZ properties and processes.
- Identify critical knowledge gaps and develop forward-looking research questions.
- Attract and develop an interdisciplinary group of scholars and students.
- Build capacity in state of the art techniques used to study carbonate Critical Zones.
- Increase the number of scholars and researchers from underrepresented groups.